Alex,
Use "ps -e | grep tac_plus" or you could use "/etc/init.d/tac_plus status"
see it is running.

[root@bart /root]# /etc/init.d/tac_plus status
tac_plus (pid 741) is running...
[root@bart /root]# ps -e | grep tac_plus
  741 ?        00:00:00 tac_plus
[root@bart /root]#

To "stop", "start", or "restart" TACACS+ just su to root and type
"/etc/init.d/tac_plus ".

The config file for tac_plus is /etc/tacacs/tac_plus.cfg. If you need any
help with the TACACS+ config file just let me know. Also make sure that you
have an alternate why to get into the router if TACACS+ authentication fails
and if the router can't communicate with the TACACS+ server.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S)(ISP/Dial)