From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Alex Lee
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 9:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT : Tacacs+ / Linux [7:32661]

A newbie question regarding Tacacs+ on Linux box for home lab.

I download the Tacacs+ v.9 from http://www.gazi.ed.tr/tacacs.

Installed it successfully (I believe) as per instruction from the site,
since I got a output of :
            tac_plus-F4.0.3.alpha-9
when I issue a query : rpm -q tac_plus

How can I tell if Tacacs+ is up and running even before I configure a router
to test it ? Is Tacacs+ running as a service (daemon) whenever the Linux box
boots up ? I cannot get answer after reading the docs from the same site.

Can any group member point me to some resources concerning running Tacacs+
on Linux ?