This one has me stumped too, Chuck.  A PRI is physically a T-1,
but it's channelized and connects to an ISDN switch.  I don't
understand how they would connect a PRI on one end to a point-
to-point T1 on the other.

Unless, that is, the PRI is nailed up all the time, in effect
giving them a point-to-point link that uses PRI signalling,
perhaps similar to a voice network.

I can't figure out what benefit this might provide or how it
really would work, but that's my best guess.  Let us know if
you figure this out!

John

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Chuck Larrieu ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> saw a design the other day that consisted of ISDN PRI
circuits at the
> host
> and T1 circuits ate the remotes. According to the person who
specified
> this,
> there are no end to end problems - that this is standard
operating
> procedure.
>
> I am unable to find any written materials on this topic.
Anyone done
> this
> before?
>
> Chuck