Hello,
I have router RTA connected to router BBR running ospf 100. Router BBR has a
static route of 0.0.0.0 to router TS. Router BBR also has a redistribute
static command under ospf.

Router TS is connected to router Remote both running Rip. Static routes are
configured on TS for RTA's and BBR's networks. This is redistributed under
Rip with a default metric of 2. Also, the router TS has a defult-network
command to inject a default route to router Remote.

On router Remote, I see the networks of routers RTA and BBR discovered via
RIP
R    4.0.0.0/8 [120/2] via 10.10.1.2, 00:00:18, Ethernet0
R    5.0.0.0/8 [120/2] via 10.10.1.2, 00:00:18, Ethernet0

I can ping these addresses successfully.

But I cannot ping these same addresses from the TS. Why?? The packet from
Remote goes thru TS to get to routers RTA and BBR. Then how come I cannot
ping these same addresses from TS?? Also, I cannot ping any networks on
Remote from RTA

The solution I came up with was:
1.) Configure a default-information originate command on the router BBR
which then injects a default route on RTA which allows me to ping networks
on router Remote. This works!

2.) Configure on router BBR the serial network address between router BBR
and TS under OSPF. This allows me to ping the networks of RTA from the TS.
This works!

So the question is more of a packet flow from router Remote from where pings
work to RTA and BBR but not from router TS.

Can someone help me understand this?
Thank you.