From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Vajira Wijesinghe
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 10:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EIGRP problem [7:33636]

I have a 2610 router having IP IOS software (12.0.8).
This is connected to two different sites with 64kbps links.
eg
interface serial 0/0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252

interface serial 0/1
ip address 192.168.1.5 255.255.255.252

router is running with routing protocol EIGRP

router eigrp 100
network 192.168.1.0

Problem:

I'm able to work with only ONE serial link at a time.
ie.
If one serial link is active, other one becomes "line protocol down"
If I remove the cable of the UP interface, the OTHER interface become UP

I suspect this is due to the operation of EIGRP
Because I cannot configure subnet mask for the network defined under
eigrp 100
This particular IOS doesn't allow me to do this and DRAM and FLASH
limitation prevents me from upgrading the IOS.

Can any one tell me how to overcome the situation?

Thanks,
Vajira

12.0.8 ip

The information contained in this email is confidential and is meant to be
read only by the person to whom it is addressed.Please visit
http://www.millenniumit.com/legal/email.htm to read the entire
confidentiality clause.