You should be looking down a couple layers. EIGRP operation can't cause the
line protocol to go down. The line protocol being down indicates a
data-link layer problem or maybe a physical-layer problem. What more can
you tell us about this installation? There must be some more clues if you
refocus your attention away from EIGRP.....

Priscilla

At 11:13 PM 1/29/02, Vajira Wijesinghe wrote:
>I have a 2610 router having IP IOS software (12.0.8).
>This is connected to two different sites with 64kbps links.
>eg
>interface serial 0/0
>ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
>
>interface serial 0/1
>ip address 192.168.1.5 255.255.255.252
>
>router is running with routing protocol EIGRP
>
>router eigrp 100
>network 192.168.1.0
>

>Problem:
>
>I'm able to work with only ONE serial link at a time.
>ie.
>If one serial link is active, other one becomes "line protocol down"
>If I remove the cable of the UP interface, the OTHER interface become UP
>
>I suspect this is due to the operation of EIGRP
>Because I cannot configure subnet mask for the network defined under
>eigrp 100
>This particular IOS doesn't allow me to do this and DRAM and FLASH
>limitation prevents me from upgrading the IOS.
>
>Can any one tell me how to overcome the situation?
>
>Thanks,
>Vajira
>

>12.0.8 ip
>
>The information contained in this email is confidential and is meant to be
>read only by the person to whom it is addressed.Please visit
>http://www.millenniumit.com/legal/email.htm to read the entire
>confidentiality clause.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com