aha!  finally somebody else has seen this!  hehe  Cisco thinks I am being
silly...

try changing the encapsualation on the 'remote' side to frame-relay ietf or
just frame-relay depending on what your end is currently set up as...then
switch it back...if it doesn't work so the same for the 'local' side...

I personally think it's an issue with memory problems on cisco
equipment...sometimes the configs get stuck in space somewhere not in
running or start-up...just out there in some lonley bits and bytes....

anyway..after a while of switching the two sides around, you should sync up
on an encapsualation and vavoom....

I know it seems illogical.... but hey... why have a 6th sense if you don't
use it?  :)

>>> "Ali, Abbas"  01/31/02 04:53PM >>>
I have a network corporate side is connected to four branch offices with
full T1 and branches are also connected to each other through Frame-Relay in
a full mesh topology as a backup.

Everything is working fine, all the branches have installed the preferred
route through T1 link to reach the corporate network and other sites.  Just
to confuse you I have a DHCP server running at the corporate as well as one
of the branch sides. All the branches have a IP helper  address pointing to
a DHCP server which is running on a branch office.  In other words, traffic
goes to the corporate first then from there go the branch office for dhcp
lease ip address and logon to a windows 2000 domain.  It is just a temporary
solution.  Eventually all branches will be pointing to the corporate office
through wins or ip helper address for logon to a windows 2000 server.

Here is the issue, one of the branches even though is going through a
preferred route through T1, all the windows hosts will not even boot up and
stuck in a black screen mode if Frame-Relay link is up which is S0.  When I
say up it means that is ready to take over incase of the primary link which
is Point to Point fails.  As soon as I shut down the S0 interface for
Frame-Relay link, and then boot the hosts they boot fine and also logs on to
the windows 2000 domain.  I even made sure that the branch is installing the
preferred route through T1 link and will only go through FR cloud if primary
link goes down.

I can't figure it out how Frame Relay interface can possibly conflict with
this problem.  Other branches are working fine with being Frame-Relay
interfaces are up.

Does anyone have a clue?  All the help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ali
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.