Dave,

GE means "greater than or equal to", while LE means "less than
or equal to."

So, a prefix list that has "ge 25" would only match prefixes
with masks of /25 or greater.  If you had "le 24" it would
match prefixes with masks less than or equal to 24.

John

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, McCallum, Robert (Robert.McCallum@let-
it-be-thus.com) wrote:

> gt = greater than so gt /23 = subnets with a mask of
above /23.
> lt = less than so lt /17 = subnets with a mask less than /17.
>
> so using prefix lists can you give me an answer which would
do the
> following:-
>
> 1. Deny subnets of class B networks
> 2. Deny supernets of Class C networks
> 3. Deny networks starting 193.x.x.x
> 4. permit all else.
>
> For the 1st one ask yourself what makes a class B network a
Class B

_
http://www.groupstudy.com/list/security.html