The link for Feature Navigator is www.cisco.com/go/fn if you have a cco
account.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Chuck Larrieu
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 9:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IOS software enquiry [7:34305]

My read  from the CCO provided command reference master index is that the
scheduler allocate is available only of 72xx and 7500 platforms. My source
might be wrong. It's been known to happen.

In general, the Cisco IOS families all run on the same router series. In
other words, an image for the 2501 will also work on the 2502, 2504, 2520,
etc.  Same for the 36xx and 26xx boxes.

so many choices. so what are the features you need? that is what dictates
your choice.

Since you can download software, I presume you have a CCO customer account.
you might want to take a look at the IOS feature navigator, found at ....
well, I was going to provide a URL, but it appears that the feature
navigator has been removed. rats..... it was useful on occasion.

best wishes

Chuck

""Sharon Kantan""  wrote in message
> Hi..  Sorry for asking such a simple but I have not download IOS before.
> went to the IOS URL, and I found a there are many platform to choose from
> like 2500FRAD, 2501-2525, 25FX, 2610-2613, 3620, 3640.  But there is no
> exact name as the model that I want to download. The platform that I want
> are AS2509-RJ,  cisco 2500, Cisco 3660.  Which one should I choose from.
> Besides, when I click 2501-2525, there are many feature to choose eg
> enterprise plus, enterprise plus IPsec 56, IP, IP Plus. May I know which
is
> the proper one to choose.
>
> Besides, I want to configure scheduler allocate for my router, but it
seems
> can't to done.  Why? Is that my IOS to old IOS ver 10.3(12)?
>
> sin-uunet(config)#scheduler allocate
>                             ^
> % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
>
> sin-uunet(config)#scheduler ?
>   interval          Maximum interval before running lowest priority
process
>   process-watchdog  Action for looping processes
>
> sin-uunet(config)#scheduler
>

> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 3000 Software (IGS-IN-L), Version 10.3(12), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)
> Copyright (c) 1986-1996 by cisco Systems, Inc.
> Compiled Mon 03-Jun-96 11:38 by dschwart
> Image text-base: 0x0301E770, data-base: 0x00001000
>
> ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE
> ROM: 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-RXBOOT), Version 10.2(5), RELEASE
SOFTWARE