First of all thanks again to you who have been replying to my questions.
You all rock !!!

Ok if you have an uplink port from a 4000 series switch to a 2610 router
going out to a T1 included in a VLan along with port 27 (used for example).
Will ports not in this VLan be able to get out to the router?  If not is
there any way I can include this uplink port in 2 VLans and not give access
to port 27?

or ?

Should I segment port 27 on its own with out the uplink port, and if so will
port 27 still be able to get out to the router?

Any one know?

Thanks you guys (and ladies) are great,
Steven M Aiello