After reading the first email I to though I understood all of this. So
myself and a coworker just got on a white board to draw everything out hint
the 5th grade approach :) pictures are always good. But where I got a good
definition of this is in Bruce Caslow's book on page 395 it once again
cleared up everything for me. Take a look at that and maybe that will help
you out.

                    Tom
Martin
                                       Subject:     Re: Doyle on Stub and
Totally Stubby areas [7:34478]
                    Sent
by:

nobody

02/05/2002
                    02:24
PM

Please
                    respond
                    Tom
Martin

Elmer,

There are no bits set, TSSAs are Cisco-proprietary.  TSSAs are configured
only on the ABRs.  Non-ABRs in the stub area have no idea that they are
in a TSSA.

- Tom