I'm guessing that Long Distance State Sharing is the use of firewalls with
stateful failover which are separated by a long distance.
As you may or may not know, the Pix Failover cable limits the distance
between Pix's at the moment (unless something's changed recently). Can't
remember how long it is exactly (guessing 10 feet).

Don't know the reason for lack of support for stateful http. Possibly large
amount of work for little benefit.

Gaz