From: Kumari, Hannes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Terminal server tacacs+ question [7:34607]

Hi All,

        Im tring to configure 2509 (with 8 async ports) as a terminal
server
so that
I could access my network devices via console port.
        I have my default tacacs policy in place but in addition to that
would like to
have sepparate policy for third parties ( IT depatment needs console
acces
to servers aswell ).
        And now the problem, when tring to reverse-telnet like this :

telnet 10.10.10.10 2001

It first checks the tacas for authentication, but I have no intention to
auth. 3`rd parties thougt tacacs but
have created local usernames/password in 2509
        How should the config look like in order it to check local
usernames/password first befor tacacs auth.

-------
my current conf in 2509

aaa now-model
aaa authentication login default tacacs+ enable
aaa authentication enable default tacacs+ enable
aaa authorization exec default tacacs+  if-authenticated
username kala password 0 kala

rgds,

Hannes Kumari