Hannes,

In your config you have the line:

aaa authentication login default tacacs+ enable

What this means is "for users logging into this device (or devices supported
via this device - ie. your terminals) use the following methods (default):
tacacs+ if it is configured correctly, the router can contact the tacacs+
server, and the keys match, and then the local routers enable password if
this fails."

The "default" method works a bit like a gateway of last resort.  If the
router can find no other way to authenticate users it will choose this
method and apply it to authenticate.  You need to create a new method and
apply it to the tty lines to authenticate users connecting in this manner.
(NB: This config is in addittion to what you already have.)

try:

aaa authentication login terminal_authentication local

line 1 8
 login authentication terminal_authentication

here you've created a new method called "terminal_authentication" which
requires the router to use the local username database to authenticate
users.  You've then applied this to lines 1-8 on the router (which are your
terminal lines).

If you want to be able to authenticate with the default password after this
you could add it onto the end after the word local, ie.

aaa authentication login terminal_authentication local enable

You can keep adding more and more authentication methods onto the end of the
line and if it cannot create a valid connection to the data source in
question, be it local or remote, it will go through them 'til it finds one
that it can.  However you should be safe with only local authentication as
you can drop into terminal server and sort the config out if anything goes
wrong.  As an aside, if you have any terminal lines that other users require
that do not need authenticating create the following:

aaa authentication login no_authentication none

line [whatever the line no. is]
login authentication no_authentication

This can be useful as over the years people have a habit of connecting
devices to aux ports on routers and using port 2001 to connect to them.
Since aaa authentication with a default method enforces authentication on
anyone passing through it these people get caught and a no authentication
method needs to be setup.

Cheers,

Si