From: Brad Ellis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 1:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Average afterwork time Tech learning commitmen [7:34634]

It's all about focus, drive, and motiviation. It's very difficult to work
7-8hrs/day, then come home and study for 5 more.  Then on the weekends,
study an additional 8-12hrs/day.  (I did that schedule for 1 month prior to
my lab exam, and a similar schedule 2-3 months out from my exam)  It was
very taxing, and hard to spend time with my significant other (who I
acutally bought a dog to keep her occupied).  How some people can spend the
amount of time that they do with a family, and other "disctractions" is
amazing.

Try and set expectations in your household.  Let people know that this is
your "quiet" time.  Start off spending 2 hours a night, and see if that does
the trick for you. If it's too much, cut back to an hour, if you can handle
more, do 3 hours.  Remeber, an hour a night, every night, really adds up.

After all is said and done, it's focus, motivation, concentration, drive,
and buying someone a dog!  :)

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)