Theoretically, it is impossible to get collisions on a
serial line. LAN bus architecture experiences
collisions because two devices can send frames to the
bus at the exact same time. Serial interfaces transmit
on a frequency if you will. This means that the frames
will pass each other even when sent at the same time.

Eric
CCNP

--- somera cecilia  wrote:
> Folks, I've been searching CCO but cannot find
> answers to this. Is it
> possible to get collissions in serial lines? If
> there are, what could cause
> this?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://greetings.yahoo.com