Are all of the routers identical ?
Are all of your Ethernet interfaces 100mb/full duplex.
                Do you see any errors on them? ... collisions, FCS, etc.
Are the PC NIC's configured the same ?
        Out Of Curiosity - what make/model are the NICs?
Are the PC's OS and software loads identical - i.e., are any of then doing
anything funky?

Note - I would recommend, if you haven't already, making everything
100mb/FD "locked", no auto anything :).

Or start troubleshooting the old-fashioned way ...
Are they consistent - i.e. - is this week's "slow set" the same next week,
or no?
If you take a "slow set" and plug that router into a "fast set" ... and try
again ... does the "slow router" become "fast"?
                ... etc.

Thanks!
TJ

>""Ozzie Sutcliffe""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>>  When I do the TFTP lab in class..
>>  I have 6 routers 6 PC  and 6 Xover cables
>>  All have the same configs except for IP addy's
>>  Yet when the class pulls down the IOS the times for a 7 meg bin file
vary
>>  from 4 to 15 minutes.
>>  The cables are all the same length same company who made them.
>>  The routers are all 1601's the pc's and NIC's the same all running
windoze
>>  98 SE.
>>  Ideas anyone ??
>>  This week I will sniff each PC  and see what that bring up .
>>

>>  Ideas anyone ??
>>

>>  I will post the results next saturday
>>
>>  Oz

is unauthorized.