do you have a scope setup in dhcp server for that range?

-----Original Message-----
From: J-B [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 1:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Secondary ip address and ip helper-address HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
[7:35532]

Team,
I have the following problem:

Our network has 10 sites, I am in the process of readdressing current
network. I have setup secondary ip address on every site, At the present
time I am setting up a wk2000 dhcp/win server in one site. The problem is
that I am not able to obtain ip address from the DHCP server via the WAN, it
works fine in the site where it is locate. The layout is the following:

Hub site

interface Ethernet0
 ip address 192.168.13.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 192.168.12.17
 ip directed-broadcast
 no cdp enable

interface Serial0
 no ip address
 ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 no ip mroute-cache
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi

interface Serial0.3 point-to-point
 description Spoke site
 bandwidth 384
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 ip helper-address 192.168.12.17
 ip directed-broadcast
 frame-relay interface-dlci 26

Spoke site

interface Ethernet0
 ip address 192.168.12.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

interface Serial0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0.1 point-to-point
 description connection to Hub
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 bandwidth 384
 frame-relay interface-dlci 16
!

The ip address of the DHCP sever is 192.168.12.17

Be aware that I have not problem pinging to the DHCP server from the Hub
site.

Team, what I am doing wrong here.......HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thanks (nothing can replace experience........wowwww)

JB