From: Anil Gupte [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Access Lists are a bit mystifying [7:36164]

Hi All!

I watch this list occassionally (when I have time).  This is my first post
to this list, so be kind. :p)

In the access list below:
**************
conf t
int ethernet0/0
no ip access-list extended secure2
ip access-list extended secure2
deny tcp any any eq 6666
deny tcp any any eq 139
permit ip any any

int ethernet0/0
ip access-group secure2 out
ip access-group secure2 in

exit
wr
Why is it that you need to deny TCP and permit IP?  Or did I not do this
right?

Thanx,
Anil Gupte