Welcome to the list.
Here's the easy way:
Follow the example EXACTLY! Use upper case letters where they show upper
case. Don't use any spaces. Several months ago I learned this the hard way
on a 1750. This last Sat eve I breezed through a Flash upgrade on a 2621.
I assume that you have a tftp application. If not, search on web sites such
as www.tucows.com for Pumpkin. I use tftp32.exe by Ph. Jounin. I'm not sure
where to find it.
You can connect your PC's ethernet port to the router's FIRST ethernet
interface either via a hub or via a crossover cable. One of the tftpdnld
parameters is DEFAULT_GATEWAY=. I just used an unused address from the
subnet shared by the router and my PC. You should have a terminal emulation
program running such as HyperTerm or teraterm on your PC. Connect the PCs
serial port to the console port of the router. Ping the router from the PC
and the PC from the router. If successful you're good to go. Good luck.