From: Roberts, Larry
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:34 AM
To: 'george gittins'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: pix question [7:36500]

Well, if I understand your question correctly, you want to have a specific
subnet always get the same external address ?

Nat (inside) # 10.20.30.0 255.255.255.0
Global (outside) # a.b.c.d 255.255.255.0

# = unique number that is not used already on your PIX. Most people use 1 as
the first group. Just pick a number that is unique and apply it to both the
NAT statement for the inside address's and the Global outside address that
they get. That is how the NAT is associated with the specific global
statement.

A.b.c.d is our outside address that they always get.

10.20.30.0 255.255.255.0 is the inside network(s) that get translated. If
you want to add multiple internal networks to that specific global address,
then you only net to add additional NAT statements using the same unique
identifier (#).

Thanks

Larry