From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem of upgrading IOS for a router at remote site [7:36954]

Hi group,

I run into a big problem when upgradeing IOS for a router at remote site. I
used "copy tftp: flash:" command on a Cisco 2620 router via telnet. It first
erased the existing IOS from the flash and then start to copy the image from
my tftp server, which is also running on my laptop. But the router will
close the telnet session after certain period of idle time, and surprisingly
close the tftp session as well. It ends up that the router's flash memory
has no valid IOS stored!

There is no technical staff on that remote site, and it is more than a
thousand KMs away so I couldn't use a console cable to directly attach to
it. I repeated the above several times, watched those "!!!!!" going on until
the telnet session closed, and have to pray that there is no power surge
happened to that router before I find a solution!

Anyone faced this problem before? Please help!

Tony

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/