oops....What the heck was I thinking??  That's a sure sign I've
been studying too long today.  I know very well the difference
between summary-address and aggregate-address and I still was
using the wrong command!  Good grief...

And even while I was typing my first post I had this nagging
feeling that I was overlooking something.  :-)  Maybe I should
have tried using the BGP area range command.  heh heh...

I think I didn't catch my mistake because another router
running 11.2(25a) accepted the command.  Now I'm interested to
find out what that particular command is doing.

This is actually one of my biggest worries when I get to the
actual lab.  I fear that stuff I've done over and over again
will completely slip my mind.

Okay, I'm done for the night!

Thanks,
John

---- On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Nigel Taylor
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> John,
>         You might want to try using the aggregate-address
command and
> see
> what magic happens.  As a side note.. IGP's summarize,
whereas BGP being
> an
> EGP aggregates.
>
> watch the word wrap..

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/
122cgcr/fipr
> rp_r/bgp_r/1rfbgp1.htm#xtocid1
>
> Nigel

CNTL/Z.
> > R3(config)#router bgp 2010
> > R3(config-router)#summa?
> > % Unrecognized command
> > R3(config-router)#summar?
> > % Unrecognized command
> > R3(config-router)#summar
> >                    ^
> > % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
> >
> > R3(config-router)#?
> > Router configuration commands:
> >   address-family       Enter Address Family command mode
> >   aggregate-address    Configure BGP aggregate entries
> >   auto-summary         Enable automatic network number
> > summarization
> >   bgp                  BGP specific commands
> >   default              Set a command to its defaults
> >   default-information  Control distribution of default
> > information
> >   default-metric       Set metric of redistributed routes
> >   distance             Define an administrative distance
> >   distribute-list      Filter networks in routing updates
> >   exit                 Exit from routing protocol
configuration
> > mode
> >   help                 Description of the interactive help
> > system
> >   maximum-paths        Forward packets over multiple paths
> >   neighbor             Specify a neighbor router
> >   network              Specify a network to announce via BGP
> >   no                   Negate a command or set its defaults
> >   redistribute         Redistribute information from another
> > routing protocol
> >   synchronization      Perform IGP synchronization
> >   table-map            Map external entry attributes into
> > routing table
> >   timers               Adjust routing timers
> >
> > R3(config-router)#
> >
> > I'm thinking it might be tough to do summarization when the
> > freaking command is missing!!
> >
> > This is a 2500 running 12.1(11) Enterprise Plus.  Too
weird.  I

_
http://www.groupstudy.com/list/commercial.html