This brings up another point that's been bugging me lately.

When would you ever implement ATM SVCs?  It seems that modern
networks tend to be very chatty and there's generally a lot
going on, especially if you're running a routing protocol.
This would tend to keep the SVC up all or most of the time.

If that's the case, why not just nail up PVCs and be done with
it?  I can't think of a good example off the top of my head
where it would be a _Really Good Idea_ to implement SVCs.

I suppose it's possible to have networks where connections
aren't up all the time, but when they are you need the
capabilities inherent in ATM.  However, I just can't think of a
really good example where SVCs would be a superior choice vs.
PVCs.

Any thoughts?

John

---- On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Hunt Lee ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> John,
>
> For Frame-Relay PVCs,  you would use:
>
> ip ospf network point-to-multipoint
>
> But for Frame-Relay SVCs or ATM SVCs, you would use:
>
> ip ospf network point-to-multipoint non-broadcast
>
> Best Regards,
> Hunt Lee
>

> ""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;
> > I've been reading the CCO configuration guides and I now
have a
> > question.  What is the difference between the following:
> >
> > ip ospf network point-to-multipoint
> >
> >       and
> >
> > ip ospf network point-to-multipoint non-broadcast
> >
> > ??
> >
> > More specifically, I really want to know when you would use
the latter
> > command.  The example given on CCO is if we have excluded
the
> broadcast
> > keyword from a frame relay map.  I don't think I've ever
seen anyone
> > configure a frame map without that keyword so I don't know
why you'd
> > ever want to do that.
> >
> > Any thoughts here?
> >
> > Thanks,