Folks,

I have a general question about restricting bandwidth on an HSSI
interface.  A part of our business is web hosting whereby each customer
(site) uses whatever bandwidth it can take.  Is there any way to control
(restrict) bandwidth utilization for these sites or customers?  I have
worked in an ISP environment where we used frame relay and seperate
physical interfaces on a Catalyst 5500 to connect leased line customers
with specific BIRs and CIRs.  In this way it is easy to do because each
customer uses a specific interface.

The other thing is that I have 2 Internet circuits; one for the hosting
business and one for corporate use.  I would like to implement a way to
use them as redundant links for each other if one should go down.  So if
the Hosting circuit gets disconnected, traffic can still get out to the
Internet using the other circuit and vice versa.  If I can get this
going, I might also be able to control traffic down either circuit to
balance the load.  Check out the attached gif for an idea of how the
network is laid out.

Anybody got any useful information on these issues?

Thanks dudes and dudettes.

Charles.

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
network.gif]

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name
of cdowling.vcf]