like Dave suggested before, put a break out on it and go from there....you
may find that the serial port is expecting cts/rts and one of the pins are
severed.  I'm not sure what cisco requires to be 'live' on their
2500's....an extremely half-assed search on google didn't yield anythign too
interesting....but I'm sure you can find it out there...  :)

-Patrick

>>> "Craig Columbus"  03/05/02 12:17PM >>>
The cable is good and scroll lock isn't on.  Same PC setup and cable work
fine on other 2500 series.  I haven't run into this particular issue before.

Craig

At 11:50 AM 3/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Have you tried a different cable?

If
> > so, is there a fix other than experimenting with different settings on
the
> > PC side?  If not, does anyone have an answer?  Could it be bad boot ROM?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Craig
> > Commercial lab list: http://www.groupstudy.com/list/commercial.html
> > Please discuss commercial lab solutions on this list.
>Commercial lab list: http://www.groupstudy.com/list/commercial.html
>Please discuss commercial lab solutions on this list.
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.