From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cat 2950-24 [7:37374]

Dear all
We have Pc with 3Com 3c90x-Tx 10/100 Network Card.  This PC is installed
with Dos 6.22 Operating System.  We used to connect this to our 3com
Switch1100 with the dos driver provided by 3Com.  The sequence of loading
the 3com driver to connect to 3com Switch1100 is as follows:
LSL.COM
3C90X.EXE
IPXODI.COM
NETX.EXE
F:
LOGIN
This is in a batch file and when we run the batch file it will connect
immediately.
The problem I am facing while connect to CISCO CATALYST 2950-24 port is that
If I am
running the same batch file it will not connect.
I have to load the LSL.COM first and port on switch to which this computer
is connected will be in Green color. But When
I will load 3c90x.exe immediately the port on the switch color becomes
amber.
I have to wait for 1 to 1.5 minutes for the port color to become green
and after that if load IPXODI.COM and NETX.EXE then it will connect.
I can see this because I am sitting in front of the Cisco Switch.  In actual
the end user will  run the batch file sitting somewhere in his room and he
will get a message "Novell Netware Server not
Found".
Why this delay in connecting to Novell Netware through Cisco Switch.  The
same
delay is not happening while we are connecting to 3Com Switch.
We need you help and guidance to sort out this problem.
Ismail Al-shelh

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]