The problem with BPS2000 was that from time to time a stack with 4 switchs
didn't recognize one or several units and we had base conficts, finally we
could fixed the problem using software versions 1.1.3.9 and firmware
2.0.0.8. With fiber the problem is that before buying the switchs, Nortel
has told us that we could use the 400-2FX 400-4FX and 400-4TX (MDAs for
BayStack 450)in BPS2000, but with our software versions and MDAs, the
switchs aren't able to work properly, they have all leds turned on and fixed
with an marvellous orange color, when we ask Nortel, one engineer said that
the MDAs were compatible with BPS2000, other said that they weren't and by
now, we are still waiting for a decent answer.
NOTE: with 450 we didn't have any problems at all, perhaps I didn't explain
this well before.

Patrick, if you know a sistem for aplication level 'cutting' it would be
great. Actually we only want to 'cut' temporarily a 'hanged' conection, we
are doing this using a deny for the IP at the beginnig of the acl and
removing the permit ip any any established, but perhaps there is a more
straightforward way for doing it.

Regards, David.