The CCIE does not supercede CCNP. They are different certification
programs, managed by different departments at Cisco. A person can be both
CCNP and CCIE. CCNP means that he or she has gone through the Career
Certification Program, which last I knew was still managed by Cisco's
training department. CCIE is a different program, managed by TAC I think,
with no prereqs from the Career Certification Program.

In reality, he'll probably stop referring to CCNP at some point, since CCIE
already means that he's a guru. But there's no requirement he do this and
maybe it doesn't even make sense. CCNP is a separate achievement that
warrants respect on its own.

Anyway, Congratulations, George! First try too! Great job.

Priscilla

At 02:34 PM 3/7/02, Sean Knox wrote:
>As you don't need to hold any Cisco certs to get your CCIE, I would assume
>he's still a CCNP. Anyone else know?
>
>Sean

So
> > the
> > > NMC1 class helped me to fill in that gap very well.  It also helped me
> > > access my strength and weakness.  So I know what to study on the last
>few
> > > weeks.  I strongly recommend taking the NMC1 class a few weeks before
>your
> > > lab date.
> > >
> > > Thanks again.
> > >
> > > George Zhang