1 24 port hub hanging off of a switch port will be in it's own collision
domain...and will not be that bad at all.  Broadcasts however will not
change... all f's get forwarded through every port on a switch or a hub.

-Patrick

>>> "Juan Blanco"  03/07/02 11:33PM >>>
Actually what we are trying to do is increase speed, eliminate collisions
and reduce any kind of broadcasting in the LAN....

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Ramsey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 11:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Infrastructure Upgrade..... [7:37627]

Well,

You did pick a pretty expensive switch to purchase...hehe

the 1900's are 10mb to the desktop... You'll see some improvement over 10mb
hubs on the lan but across the frame connection, it's really irrelevant.
Are you looking to increase lan speed?

In this day in age, I never reccommend hubs...but if you are really tight on
cash flow, you would probably do better to purchase a 12 port 100mb switch
and 8 100mb hubs.

-Patrick

>>> "Juan Blanco"  03/07/02 10:27PM >>>
Team,

I am in the process of upgrading all  hubs in 4 different sites, each site
has 8 hubs, I will replace each site with a 2950(24 ports)10/100mbs. I will
connect each switch(2,3,4) to the switch(1) on the basement where a router
will be available to connect to the Frame Relay cloud.

Questions:

        Will it make more sense to get the 1900 switch(10mbs) and not the 2950
        Will I be able to set any one port to full(100mbs) on the 2950
        Will I be able to set up vlans and isl (as long as my route has a
fastethernet port)
        Is this the appropriate replacements for the hubs(we don't have a lot of
money to spend)
Thanks,

JB
Disclaimer   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.