Here's the way I read it.  The 6000/6500 series have a 32Mbps system bus
backplane.  There is also the switch fabric, with the Switch Fabric Module
(SFM) allows you to tap into (I'm not sure, but it makes it sound like the
SFM will allow the slots to communicate directly with each other instead of
going over the 32Mbps system bus).

AFAIK, if you have the SFM, and fabric-enabled modules, they can utilize the
256Gbps fabric.  If you add a non-fabric enabled module, then all
communications to/from that module will have to go through the sup via the
32Gbps system bus, but I believe that all of the fabric-enabled blades will
still communicate with each other via the 256Gbps switch fabric.

I know that's not a definite answer, which is what you were looking for.
Just more speculation to confuse the matter even more.  =)

Mike W.