While you're buying your lab, would you mind buying me an Adtran Atlass 550
or 800 with ISDN and T1 cards while your at it :)

You can get one for yourself too if you wannoo... That'll take care of your
Frame/ISDN switch...

Seriously, If you have the cash, build the lab... You may not resell it for
what you paid for it... but I personally think that the Lab Kit should
become a permanent fixture in your home... you'll always find a task that
you'll want to try out at home first, and if you do any freelance work on
the side, it helps with that too.  I'm sure there will be a few things that
you'll grow rusty on for lack of just doing them on a regular basis... and
the Home Kit helps you to go back and refresh yourself at your leisure.

I'm 28, and I sure wished I'd have had a complete personal lab at your
age... It's taken me the last 3 years to build up the 4 router and
Switch-on-loan lab that I have, and it's still not complete.

You'll have plenty of time and money for Fast Cars when you get yourself
established in your career.... of course, that'll also depend on your
money-management skills :)

Good luck with your Networking Career... and welcome to the List!!

Sincerely,
Mark Odette II
DFW, Texas
CCNA, 3/4 CCNP, MCSE 4.0/2000, A+ Certified.