By that reasoning Cisco should put Appletalk, IPX, X.25, ATM
LANE, and even Decnet back into their exams.

On a certification exam, I don't think it's helpful to have a
number of questions on equipment that Cisco doesn't even sell
anymore.  I'm not saying there shouldn't be any, but if they're
going to go through the trouble of creating a new exam, it
might be helpful not to focus too much on older products and
technologies.

Maybe they should come up with a CCNA-Legacy certification that
would include questions specific to the AGS routers and IOS
10.0. :-)

Besides, my point wasn't based on just this issue.  I base my
opinion on having taken eight Cisco exams and seeing firsthand
the quality of their questions.  It's readily apparent that
many of them contain a large number of poorly written questions
and/or poorly written answers.

But, that's just my opinion, and that's barely worth the paper
it's printed on.  :-)

Regards,
John

---- On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Tshon ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I think that what your missing is that.  Cisco is trying to
one prepare
> you for anything that
> is out there, equipment that happens to be at end of life
doesn't
> gaurantee that you
> won't see it out there.  They are trying to make sure that
you are
> prepared to represent
> their company.  Secondly if you don't have any understanding
about the
> equipment
> and you run into it, what's your suggestion.... just replace
it, it
> might work perfectly well, but we'll
> replace it because you aren't familiar!!!!  The test and the
labs as
> John knows are not
> if he's taken the CCIE lab, are not hard they are over lots
of
> technology that has been around.
> the same old situations exist with new ones.  And you need to
be
> prepared for it all, in the
> end you need to be prepared to use your resources and
understand
> quickly.  A company
> might be losing or wasting money because of you.  So, why
whine the test

> shows you
> what you didn't know that is what a test does.  Go back and
bone up,
> then you'll
> pass.
>
> Tshon
>
> John Neiberger wrote:
>
> >If Cisco is asking questions about products that have been
> >EOLed then they need to get some new test authors.  :-)  I
just
> >don't understand the difficulty in creating a decent test.
> >
> >Here's a suggestion for Cisco:
> >
> >Follow this list and the CCIE list for a week.  Compile a
list
> >of the top 30 posters, with special considerations for the
> >people who tend to answer most often.  From that list,
randomly
> >pick ten, then pay them to write 30 test questions each.
> >
> >I promise you that the end result would be 300 questions
that
> >are higher quality than a majority of the questions Cisco
has
> >on their current exams.  Repeat this process for each new
exam
> >needed.
> >
> >Now _that_ would be a killer beta test!
> >
> >Regards,
> >John
> >
> >---- On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Robert Padjen
> >([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> >>Greetings all -
> >>
> >>I have a discussion point that I am curious to get
> >>feedback on from the group. I recently took another
> >>Cisco certification exam (beta) and was amazed at the
> >>questions.
> >>
> >>For example, at least four questions regarded products
> >>that no longer exist - Cisco end-of-lifed them some
> >>time ago. Other questions included choices that don't
> >>

> >>exist - at least I am unaware of a (sic) series router
> >>for serial connections (it was a switch that does not
> >>have a WIC slot). Still more questions had no
> >>reasonable way to answer them without having
> >>previously read or learned specific Cisco materials.
> >>
> >>My observation is that this is bad for us as
> >>certification holders. And, since we pay for the tests
> >>and represent to our employers that they represent a
> >>certain level of professionalism, I think I have a
> >>real issue. The issues are not complaints regarding
> >>poor writing or syntax on the exam, although I am
> >>concerned about this for non-native English speakers
> >>taking the English exam. Rather, I am concerned that
> >>the test is outdated even when its in beta. This is
> >>not the first test (production or beta) that I have
> >>noted this with. I still haven't seen tests on MPLS,
> >>VPN, 4224 switches, IMA, etc., yet this would seem to
> >>be relevant on the CCNP/DP exams.
> >>
> >>Please share your thoughts.
> >>
> >>BTW - If this is considered an OT item please
> >>disregard. It is my hope to gain some understanding
> >>and then address the issue with Cisco if there is
> >>agreement that there is an issue. As the content of
> >>the tests is of concern to all of us I hope that the
> >>potential benefits are valued.
> >>
> >>=====
> >>Robert Padjen

> >>Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!
> >>http://mail.yahoo.com/
> >>
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [...]
that have
> been EOLed then they need to get some new test
authors.  :-)  I just
> don't understand the difficulty in creating a decent
> test.Here's a suggestion for Cisco:Follow
this list and
> the CCIE list for a week.  Compile a list of the top 30
posters,
> with special considerations for the people who tend to
answer most
> often.  From that list, randomly pick ten, then pay them
to write 30
> test questions each.I promise you that the end result
would be
> 300 questions that are higher quality than a majority of
the
> questions Cisco has on their current exams.  Repeat this
process for
> each new exam needed.Now _that_ would be a killer
href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote:
>
>     Greetings all -I have a discussion
point that I
> am curious to getfeedback on from the group. I recently
took
> anotherCisco certification exam (beta) and was amazed at
> thequestions.For example, at least four questions
regarded
> productsthat no longer exist - Cisco end-of-lifed them
sometime
> ago. Other questions included choices that don't
>

>       exist - at least I am unaware of a (sic)
series
> routerfor serial connections (it was a switch that does
nothave
> a WIC slot). Still more questions had noreasonable way to
answer
> them without havingpreviously read or learned specific
Cisco
> materials.My observation is that this is bad for us
> ascertification holders. And, since we pay for the
testsand
> represent to our employers that they represent acertain
level of
> professionalism, I think I have areal issue. The issues
are not
> complaints regardingpoor writing or syntax on the exam,
although I
> amconcerned about this for non-native English
speakerstaking the
> English exam. Rather, I am concerned thatthe test is
outdated even
> when its in beta. This isnot the first test (production
or beta)
> that I havenoted this with. I still haven't seen tests on
> MPLS,VPN, 4224 switches, IMA, etc., yet this would seem
tobe
> relevant on the CCNP/DP exams. r>Please share your thoughts.BTW - If this
is
considered an OT
> item pleasedisregard. It is my hope to gain some
> understandingand then address the issue with Cisco if
there
> isagreement that there is an issue. As the content
ofthe tests
> is of concern to all of us I hope that thepotential
benefits are
> valued.=====Robert

Padjen__________________________________________________
Do
> You Yahoo!?Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest
free
href="http://mail.yahoo.com/";>http://mail.yahoo.com/

href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Posted at: href="http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?
f=7&i=38068&t=38063">http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?
pstudy.com/list/cisco.htmlReport
> misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"

href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]