FWIW, I know of plenty of people who made it to day two, and even into
troubleshooting, and came away empty.

I might agree with your point about technology, except that it should be
pretty apparent that certain technologies that Cisco deems important ( and
many of Cisco's large customers as well ) cannot be tested given the current
equipment and images. Nor are certain important and forward looking
technologies touched at all.

Yes the test is hard. Yes IMHO the one day lab is more difficult than the
two day lab because there are a number of things that used to be minor that
now have a lot more points associated with them.  But just because the test
is hard doesn't necessarily mean it's relevant.

Chuck

""Steven A. Ridder""  wrote in message
> The CCIE lab is just as difficult as before.  They just don't test you on
> troublshooting.  I once heard that no one who ever made it to the second
day
> failed.  I can't say that it's true, but I don't doubt it.
Troubleshooting
> and cabling isn't CCIE level stuff.  As for the old equipment, you aren't
> tested on the product line.  It's the technology that's important.
Dosen't
> matter what equipment it runs on.
>
> --
>
> RFC 1149 Compliant.
>

> ""Yahoudi""  wrote in message
> > should anyone be surprised that Cisco too is becoming victim to the
> > certification craze?
> >
> > 1) cert tests for everything under the sun
> >
> > 2) reduction of the CCIE Lab from two days to one
> >
> > 3) obsolete and EOL'd equipment in the Lab
> >
> > 4) lower level tests that have too many filler questions centered around
> > marketing materials
> >
> > 5) poorly worded questions? sometimes I wonder if this is just the
excuse
> of
> > those who don't really know the materials, but since I know your work,
> > Robert, in your case I will accept your judgement on this
> >
> > It would be impossible for Cisco to test for everything out there - old
> and
> > new. The question becomes this: is any certification forward looking or
> > backwards looking? Face it, the whole reason for certification is for
> > companies to go to the marketplace and show potential buyers that if
they
> > buy a particular company's products, there are plenty of people around
who
> > can work on it. This goes for any technology - from Microsoft to Linux
> > Cisco to anyone. Certification is nothing more than a marketing tool,
and
> > one more means to help companies sell. If certification is too easy,
then
> > sure, there is some marketplace backlash, but if certification is too
> hard,
> > requires too much expertise, too much experience, then that has negative
> > effects as well.
> >
> > One would hope that being a beta test, Cisco would throw out a lot of
the
> > bad questions just because their analysis shows them as bad questions.
But