CCNP is not easy to get. Someone that is CCNP certiffied is one that knows a
great deal about networking. I do not know about you but I do not think I'll
ever pass the CCNP exams without buying a few routers and switches. In which
case $500 that you are bragging about is small change. But, if you make at
least $65k/year I do not think $1000/3years (books and exams) is a big deal.
It takes money to make money!
Adrian