Thanks,

Now you have to remember the DIV and MOD calculation you learned in school.

First, learn the values of each of the hex numbers.

If we take a max of four hex numbers (1 word, 2 bytes, 16 bits, etc.) you
have the following:

        16^3  16^2  16^1  16^0

Doing a fast calculation gives us:

        4096  256  16  1

That means that 1000 hex is 4096 dec. Got that? - Good!

With four numbers, you will have the range of 0000 to FFFF or 0 to 65535.

So if you have the decimal number 5000, you do the following:

Step 1: How many times does 4096 fit into 5000?

        Answer = 1

Step 2: What's left?

        Answer = 904

Step 3: How many times does 256 fit into 904?

        Answer = 3

Step 4: What's left?

        Answer = 136

Step 5: How many times does 16 fit into 136?

        Answer = 8

Step 6: What's left?

        Answer = 8

RESULT = 1388 hex is the same as 5000 dec.

Here's a practice story for you :-)

The 2750 with the 2989 64206 got a 3053 at the old 51966 where 43962 used to
190.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~