At 09:01 AM 3/14/02, Mckenzie Bill wrote:
>Could someone help me get a clear understanding of converting the hex number
>to a nice decimal ring number or bridge number.
>
>Two examples that have me stumped are:
>
>F00 and 2f2.

Why would just those two numbers have you stumped? If you can do any
number, then you can do them all, it seems to me. Were those the ones on
the test? ;-)

The only weird thing that you might not know, but certainly should know, is
that a number can only be one digit, so decimal to hex is:

1  = 1
2  = 2
3  = 3
4  = 4
5  = 5
6  = 6
7  = 7
8  = 8
9  = 9
10 = A
11 = B
12 = C
13 = D
14 = E
15 = F

I still remember the first time I heard an IBM customer engineer talk in
Able Baker Charley, etc. language. I thought he had gone off his rocker.

Other than that, you just have to know what each number place means. On the
right, 16^0 = the ones (just like 10^0 = the ones in decimal). 16^1 is the
next place. 16^2 is the next and so on. It's no different than decimal,
except that you're dealing with groups of 16 instead of 10.

Priscilla

>Thanks Everyone in advance.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com