Chuck,

Don't keep us in suspense too long.  What was the 'obvious' question
you were referring to??  And why was it important?

And, since you said you had already done the work before this question
occurred to you, what did you after coming to the realization that you
missed something important?

That's one of my biggest fears: to overlook something big until it's
too late, or at least until late into a project.

John