I think that the only answer correct is D. RIP, for example, doesn't
exchange information about links, nor have a hello mechanism. OSPF and
BGP don't send periodic updates, they send triggered updates.

What is sure is that all routing protocols exchange information about
routes, that's what they were designed for.

John Green wrote:

  C and D (info about links and routes) is always true
  for all routing protocols because that is what is
  routing is all about.

  A (periodic updates): RIP does that for sure. not sure
  for ospf and bgp.
  B: hello mechanism...  not sure if all do, but i guess
  it is true as well (guess though)

  --- mlh  wrote:
  > Hi, there,
  >
  > The following question has been given a reference
  > answer : ABCD
  > But I am not sure: All routing protocols update
  > periodically?
  > All of them send hello message? what is the
  > difference between
  > information about links and routes?
  >
  > What are some characteristics of routing protocols?
  >
  > A - Send periodic updates.
  > B - Have a separate hello mechanism.
  > C - Exchange information about links.
  > D - Exchange information about routes.
  > E - No answer is correct
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  http://sports.yahoo.com/
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Mario Sainz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name
of msj03.vcf]