I suspect that what the test writer was attempting (rather badly) to ask,
was which of the answers are possible characteristics of routing protocols
- not which characteristics apply to *all* routing protocols, but which
are characteristics that may be used in (some) routing protocols.  I'm not
sure whether I've made that any clearer though!
With that interpretation, A, B, C, and D are all correct answers, as they
all apply to some routing protocols (RIP sends periodic updates, OSPF uses
hellos, etc etc).
I agree that it's a lousy question, though.

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 19/03/2002 10:48 am -----

"Priscilla Oppenheimer"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
16/03/2002 06:45 am
Please respond to "Priscilla Oppenheimer"