From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
nrf
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 2:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MPLS VPN [7:38749]

Surely you will agree that VPN's that require MBGP, which include both
RFC2547 and kompella-draft L2VPN's are more complicated than martini-VPN's.
I gotta believe that is a factor.

Personally, I think RFC2547 will be surpassed by L2VPN's (both kinds), at
least in the foreseeable future.  The use of VPN's at the present time is as
a substitute for old-school ATM or FR, but what better way to do that than
to precisely emulate it with an L2VPN?  RFC2547 proponents might try to
counter by touting the fact that their VPN is L2-independent, but that
advantage is largely negated by  the extensive interworking L2 capabilities
offered in gear made by, um, another vendor.