From: Kelly Cobean [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Gigastack Etherchannel [7:39033]

Ole,
Here is our configuration....(God I hope this doesn't get screwed up.  Just
in case, basically it's a looped configuration, using only one of the gig
ports per switch, utilizing the second gig port on the 1st and 9th switch
for uplink to the distribution layer.  Gig0/2 on switches 2-8 are unused.
The loop prevention mechanism in the IOS takes care of the loop
configuration in the stack(what I read leads me to believe that it is
something other than STP, but I could be wrong) then STP takes care of the
loop in the two fiber uplinks, which connect to two different Cat6509's)

         ||(fiber uplink to distribution layer)
Switch1 |oo|  |oo|
              / |---
         -----     |
         |         |
Switch2 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch3 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch4 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch5 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch6 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch7 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
         /         |
         |         |
Switch8 |oo|  |oo| |
          |        |
Switch9 |oo|  |oo| |
               || (Uplink to Distibution Layer

Hope this helps,
Kelly Cobean, CCNP, CCSA, ACSA, MCSE, MCP+I
Network Engineer
GRC International, Inc., an AT&T company