AD distance comes into play when you have two routes with the same metrics...
When using redistribution, use one way if possible or two way if you MUST.
The general rule is put higher metrics on routes whicih of course are less
preferable...If want my OSPF routes to have a higher metric than my EIGRP
routes unless, the route to the destination via OSPF is the best route..

Metrics when redistribution allow you to make decisions on routes when there
metrics are TOTALLY different, ie Rip uses Hops, EIGRP uses the K
metrics...Two different metrics, so there needs to be some kind of way to
decide between the two.

Hope that helps, ive just finished BSCN few months ago and at least thats
how I understand but im a baby :)

Cheers