hey all

i'm new to this list, but already seeing the benefits of being a part of
it.  i look forward to these high-level discussions...

after much research, i have weighed the possible options of how to go
about preparing for my CCIE lab.  it appears that if i put together even
a makeshift lab myself, i can save a lot of money and provide better
preparation than if i go through a training company (if anyone has any
other suggestions, please speak up).

anyway, i was looking through cisco's recommended equipment list for the
lab, and it shows only the series of routers/switches required; not the
actual models (i.e. 2500, 2600, etc.).  b/c each router can perform the
duties of many others, depending on the configuration, my questions are:
(1) in general, what equipment constitutes a sufficient lab setting
(CCIE's highly recommended to reply); and (2) what models of each series
should i be looking at?

hope it's clear!

thanks in advance,

ed

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Notebook.jpg]