Hi,

With regards to Ethernet's MTU size, I'd like to provide the fine-tuned
response, which
I have cut & pasted from Cisco document:

The packet size, referred to as MTU is the greatest amount of data that can
be
transferred in one physical frame on the network. For Ethernet,
the MTU is 1518 bytes,
for PPPoE it is 1492,
while dial-up connections often use 576.  The difference comes from the fact
that when
using larger packets the overhead is smaller, you have less routing
decisions, and
clients have less protocol processing and device interrupts.

I haven't taken the time to find the explanation as to why 1500 bytes is so
often
referred to as the MTU size. Perhaps someone can nail down the distinction
between the
1500 byte figure, which is quoted so often, and the 1518 MTU byte #.

Joshua Dughi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]