1. For FTP data connection type, what is the
difference between PASSIVE and PORT mode?

2. Would the routers configuration(along the path from
FTP server to client) affect the data transfer while
using different FTP data connection type?

Background for the above questions:
When I connect my PC to cable modem directly, I have
no problem with browsing a FTP site(FTP client is set
to PASSIVE mode). After I add a router(sorry, it's not
cisco) between the PC and cable modem, connecting to
the same FTP server will have an error like "Unable to
set up passive listening socket". The problem can be
solved by change the FTP client data connection type
to PORT mode.

Thank you for your feedback in advanced!

B.L.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/