It's always a good idea to enquire if your company will help you with your
career certifications/education.  Whether the company will help you out in
this manner is a different story, especially with the devaluation of the
CCIE.  I work for a company that has 16 CCIE's and they don't care one way
or another if they get one more, as they're not a great asset as they once
were.  My company will pay for all expenses for my CCIE, but the Cisco
channel manager today told me that no one cares about CCIE's anymore,
especially with the point structure Cisco has now for partnership.

In the end it just depends on the company, where they are going, what kind
of financial situation they are in, etc,. but it never hurts to ask.

--

RFC 1149 Compliant.
Get in my head: