But its a technical issue !!!
email SMTP example :
SMTP has lots of different MESSAGE TYPES.
e.g send and reply are just two types.

There are mandatory functions which must be
implemented and there are optional functions which do
not need to be implemented, but may prove to be useful
in certain situations.

If one of the options was for instance a client
request to obtain internal Server details. This could
be deemed a security issue. However, the Client and
Server may have this functionality on by default which
poses a security risk. The fixup protocol scans
certain well known protocols and only allows the core
functionality to work, removing the security risk.

Phil.
--- Joseph Rago  wrote: > Hi can
anyone tell me in non technical terms what
> the fixup protocol is
> used for
>  on a pix 515. Do i need to specify a fixup protocol
> number for all
> applications used.
>  Right now i am able to citrix into a server on my
> DMZ and i do not have a
> fixup protocol
>  statement defined for citrix ports.
>
>   Thanks Joe Rago