Kevin Cullimore wrote:

> That works for networks divided on octet boundaries, but what
> about when you want to capture a /22 or a /23?

Good point.  Had never thought of that.  Most of our sites are either /16 or
/24, however, we have alot of smaller branch sites that are /26.  I guess in
those cases tho, I would always setup the sniffer to sniff the traffic at
the routers ethernet interface, in which was using a /24 mask didn't cause a
problem because it captured all of the data from the /26 that I was
interested in anyway =)

Mike W.