Hi all,

Maybe this topic is discussed several times but I still can't decide wether
to go for the CCIE or to go back to a good business school for MBA.

I am doing networking for 3 yrs now and can see that it's getting harder to
find a good. Have all Cisco cert's except of the "lab" and some others
Microsoft, Novell etc. and a Computer Science degree.
The problem is, that here, in europe, some CCIE's are doing jobs like System
or Network Administration, which is indeed not well paid at all. It's just
like creating some user logins, assigning and administering IP addresses and
do some entries or changes on DNS or even Exchange Servers.

Ok I understand that, it's better than being unemployed.
But is this a CCIE job ?? Really don't think so.

I don't know when the telco market is going up again, but I really think
about going to school and getting a management education.
Jobs for MBA's are still there.

Who knows if and when the market will give back the CCIE's the recognition
they earn ?!?

So, should I stop my track towards the CCIE and go to the "dark side" ??

What do you think guys ??

cheers
tony